We believe in one eternal God who exists as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and all within it. All people are created in God’s image. God loves all people and desires to save all people from their sin.
We believe that Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Son of God who was born of a virgin; lived a sinless life; died on the cross; rose from the dead three days later, thereby conquering sin and death; and is reconciling the world to himself. He ascended into heaven and one day will return to earth to reign forever. Jesus invites us to accept the cost and joy of following him, to serve him and others, tell his story and how he has impacted ours, resist evil, share in his baptism, and eat at his table.
We believe the Holy Spirit is one with God the Father and the Son. The Spirit assures of our relationship with Jesus and is creating and renewing Christ’s Church, binding together people of all ages, tongues, and races. The Holy Spirit serves as advocate, comforter, and guide, guiding Christ followers in living, understanding the Bible, and by praying for us.
We believe the Bible (Old and New Testament scriptures) is the inspired word of God that teaches us how to live. It was given to us so that we may know and understand the truth of God and God’s love.
We believe Jesus Christ promises to all who trust in him the forgiveness of sins and fullness of grace, courage in struggle for justice and peace, his presence in trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in his kingdom without end. What Jesus offers is a gift that cannot be bought or earned.
The Church at Litchfield Park strives to love and serve ALL people through Christ.
- Acceptance – We have welcoming hearts so we value ACCEPTANCE. Redeemed by Christ’s love we have been made whole and therefore embrace all.
- Worship – We have faithful hearts so we value WORSHIP. We seek to connect with Christ as the Spirit moves us through music, the written word, personal testimony, and quiet reflection.
- Prayer – We have humble hearts so we value PRAYER. Praying to God, in Jesus’ name, guides us as we follow Christ and serve others.
- Education – We have inquisitive hearts so we value EDUCATION. By engaging God’s word, we seek to better understand how to receive and share the Lord’s love with all.
- Community – We have loving hearts so we value COMMUNITY. We strive to be a gathering place for all and together we volunteer and serve the community.
- Stewardship – We have grateful hearts so we value STEWARDSHIP. We acknowledge that all we have comes from God. As stewards of God’s gifts, we manage ourselves and our possessions in service to God.